Library Software Support
The role of this group is:
- develop and maintain the Bookmark automated library management software
- provide a coordinated support and training service for Bookmark clients
- advise DECD on policy, operational, technical and all aspects and issues related to library automation systems and other software that can be used in school libraries
- provide assistance to schools with the general use of library systems and library-related tasks – e.g. cataloguing, searching, etc.
- produce and support special purpose software packages for use by school libraries and resource centres – i.e. Premier’s Reading Challenge Listmaker, CPAC Union Catalogue and others
- liaise as required with contracted library software system vendors and provide assistance with RFPs and other Departmental inquiries
- assist schools and DECD with information and support on the selection, transition and use of library management software systems
The Bookmark library software was developed in-house to meet the need expressed by schools for a lower-level, robust, easier to use library software management system.
The design of this software is unique and is intended for use in schools with specific attention to child-oriented operations such as loans, returns, reserving and searching. Special reporting provision is provided for school teacher/librarians.
The Bookmark system is operated on a cost-recovery basis and is fully funded by its own revenue. Over 75% of DECD schools use Bookmark.
Click here to visit our Website
Telephone: 08 8226 1541
Page URL is http://www.decd.sa.gov.au/it/pages/KIMS/Librarysystems/
Date modified: 27 May, 2013 / Content Enquiries DECDDisclaimer
© - Government of South Australia
Home URL is www.decd.sa.gov.au