Go to top of page

Feedback for Families SA

Provide feedback or make a complaint

There are multiple ways you can send us your feedback.

Complete the online feedback form

You can complete our online feedback form.

If you need help completing the form, ask a staff member at any Families SA office.

Post a hard-copy form or letter

Print and complete a client feedback form (PDF 145KB). Alternatively, you can write us a letter.

Send your letter or completed form to:

Families SA
GPO Box 1152
Adelaide SA 5001

Contact us via email, phone, or fax

Phone: 1800 088 158
Email: decdcustomers [at] sa.gov.au

You can also contact your local Families SA office duty worker.

Visit one of our offices

If you’d like to give us feedback directly, you can visit one of our Families SA offices.

What happens to your feedback

We strive to address every piece of feedback we receive. Depending on the type of feedback, we’ll handle it in a different way.


When we receive your compliment, we will:

  • inform the person or business area you’re pleased with
  • share this across the department to encourage best practice in delivering our services.

Comment and suggestions

When we receive your comment or suggestion, we will:

  • ensure the right person investigates your comment or suggestion to improve our services
  • notify you of any resulting action or decision.

We aim to get back to you within 2 working days.


When we receive your complaint, we will:

  • acknowledge it within 2 working days
  • aim to resolve it within 30 working days
  • keep you informed of the progress of your complaint, if it’s complex and takes more than 30 working days to resolve
  • wherever possible, agree to a suitable solution.

What to do if you are not satisfied with our response

If you are unhappy with the the outcome after following the above process you can speak with our Central Complaints unit by calling 1800 003 305 or sending an email to decdfamilies [at] sa.gov.au.

The Central Complaints duty worker will discuss your concerns and explain your rights and options.

If you are still not satisfied, you have the right to refer matters to the:

  • Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner (HCSCC)
  • Ombudsman SA
  • Office of the Guardian for Children and Young People.

HCSCC enquiry service 

  • Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm 
  • Phone: 8226 8666 or country callers 1800 232 007
  • Website: www.hcscc.sa.gov.au
  • PO Box 199 
    Rundle Mall Adelaide 5000

Ombudsman SA

  • Phone: 1800 182 150
  • Email: ombudsman [at] ombudsman.sa.gov.au
  • Website: www.ombudsman.sa.gov.au
  • PO Box 3651 
  • Rundle Mall SA 5000

Office of the Guardian for Children and Young People

  • Phone: 8226 8570 or 1800 ASK 006
  • Email: gcyp [at] gcyp.sa.gov.au
  • Website: www.gcyp.sa.gov.au
  • GPO Box 2281 
  • Adelaide SA 5001