On this page
The South Australian Teacher Education Taskforce was established to better manage the supply of quality teachers in South Australia.
The taskforce is a unique, collaborative initiative working to:
- improve the quality of professional experience placements for pre-service teachers
- provide a whole-of-sector perspective of workforce planning
- expand pathways into teaching for Aboriginal people
Membership comprises nominees from teacher education program providers (Flinders University, University of Adelaide, University of South Australia and Tabor Adelaide) and each of the schooling sectors (Catholic Education, Association of Independent Schools, and the Department for Education and Child Development).
The following discussion papers have been released by the Teacher Education Taskforce.
- Discussion Paper 1: Establishment of the Teacher Education Taskforce (PDF, 300KB)
- Discussion Paper 2: Teacher Supply and Demand in South Australia (PDF, 536)
- Discussion Paper 3: Improving Professional Experience for Pre-service Teachers (PDF, 401KB)
Leadership and Development
Phone: 8226 2629
Email: DECD.StandardsCertification [at] sa.gov.au