Go to top of page

Reporting incidents – OSHC

This information outlines the process for OSHC services when reporting incidents that are notifiable to the:

The process for reporting incidents on your site where there is a third party provider is different.

Reporting incidents in government schools

  1. OSHC Director notifies principal and school/governing council.
  2. Principal lodges report on Incident Response Management System (IRMS) within 12 hours.
  3. The school or governing council is responsible for ensuring that the service completes the SI01 or NL01 form. These forms are available from www.acecqa.gov.au/notifications.
  4. The form must be submitted to both:

Vacation care

If IRMS is not immediately available, refer to reporting incidents on your site (PDF 318KB).

Complaints in government schools

When reporting complaints you should follow the service grievance or complaints policy.

The OSHC director reports complaints to the principal and school or governing council.

The complainant can visit the feedback and complaints page if they wish to contact the Education Complaint unit

They can also contact the Education Standards Board

The school or governing council is responsible for ensuring the service notifies the Education Standards Board where relevant, using the NL01 form available from the ACECQA website.


Out of school hours care unit

Phone: 8226 6427
Emaildecd.oshc [at] sa.gov.au