Once a school governing council endorses a decision to close an OSHC service, they must meet specific requirements.
The school governing council must ensure that:
- families are provided with information about alternative school age care options in the community, where these options are available
- the community is notified
- a notification of closure to the Australian Government is submitted at least 42 days prior to closure
- a notification of surrender of service approval form is submitted to the Education and Early Childhood Services Registration and Standards Board of South Australia.
The principal must make sure that:
- the school governing council minutes where the decision to close the service was endorsed, and the education director's endorsement, are decd.oshc [at] sa.gov.au (emailed to the department's OSHC unit)
- funds are available to meet all staff entitlements prior to closure of the service
- company 4 remains open until 30 June after group certificates have been completed, or to 31 December if the transfer is after the end of the financial year.
Out of school hours care unit
Phone: 8226 6427
Email: decd.oshc [at] sa.gov.au