CPAC allows data from Bookmark to be put onto the internet. A simple webpage provides search-only access to the catalogue data. This is achieved by uploading library data to a prepared online database.
Only users who know your CPAC search page address can access it. The address can be a link from your library page.
CPAC provides lookup search-only access to the data. Users cannot borrow or return items, material cannot be added to or removed from the database, and private borrower information is not available.
- Resources can be searched from any location – in the school, outside, at home, anywhere.
- Secure search - users are not able to directly access data and cannot change it.
- Groups of schools can pool resources so they can be located by a single search.
- Book cover graphics can be displayed.
The CPAC listing provides examples of searchable CPAC catalogues. The examples are a good place to help you design your own search page.
The CPAC manual (PDF 1.73KB) provides instructions on how to:
- design the search, results and details pages
- export your catalogue data from your library to the search function
- upload book cover images
- include reviews in search results
- link the search page to your website.
Request the implementation of your design via the CPAC application form and checklist (DOC 52KB).
Bookmark help desk
Phone: 8226 1541 or 1800 261 541
Email: DECD.Bookmark [at] sa.gov.au