On this page
Two hundred and forty schools across South Australia have been selected for the Sustainable Schools Program (SSP).
- Forty schools will receive $250,000 for solar panels and energy efficient upgrades.
- Two hundred schools will receive $25,000 for LED lighting upgrades.
- A full list of schools (PDF 296KB) included in the program is available.
The SSP has been developed in stages due to the number of schools participating in the program.
The following 10 schools are progressing with the installation of solar panels, expected to be completed by the end of January 2018:
- Urrbrae Agricultural High School
- Birdwood High School
- Magill School
- Gawler and District College B-12
- Paralowie School
- Aberfoyle Park High School
- Blackwood High School
- Unley High School
- Seaford Secondary College
- Hamilton Secondary College.
An Expression of Interest (EOI) was run by the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) for the solar projects at the remaining 30 schools, and has now closed. Successful respondents will be engaged through standard procurement processes as per the Across Government Facilities Management Arrangements (AGFMA) and contractors will need to be prequalified providers with DPTI Facilities Services and Spotless.
A trial of LED technologies is being undertaken and learnings will inform a larger program implemented throughout 2017 and 2018. The following schools are participating in the initial trial:
- Trinity Gardens Primary School
- Para Hills High School
- Highgate School
- Ingle Farm Primary School
- Stradbroke School
- Thiele Primary School
- Seaview High School
- Colonel Light Gardens Primary School
- Mitcham Primary School
- Woodcroft Primary School.
In accordance with the state’s Industry Participation Policy (IPP), local businesses, contractors and suppliers will be targeted to ensure local industry benefits from the program.
The SSP will be procured through the Across Government Facilities Management Arrangements (AGFMA) and contractors will need to be prequalified providers with DPTI Facilities Services and Spotless.
Asset Policy and Environmental Resources
Phone: 8226 0091
Email: DECD.Environment [at] sa.gov.au