On this page
Implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has seen preschools and schools experiencing increasing numbers of external providers requesting access to deliver services to children and young people during eligible instruction hours.
The non-DECD service providers in preschools, schools and educational programs procedure (PDF, 163.4 KB), and the licence agreement for non-DECD service providers working in preschools and schools have been developed to support site leaders in the approval and management of external providers in DECD sites.
The procedure details the process for preschool and school leaders (site leaders) when managing or considering requests from any person or organisation who is independent of the department and is looking to provide and/or providing a direct support/service to children and young people in government preschools, schools and educational programs.
Site leaders are required to complete the record of decision making checklist and licence agreement prior to approval of external providers working in preschools or schools. These forms are available for staff on the intranet.
The non-DECD service providers in preschools, schools and educational programs fact sheet (PDF, 252KB) is also available to support the practical implementation of the procedure.
The following documentation must be provided by non-DECD service providers to preschool/school leaders:
- either a current teachers registration certificate OR a DCSI child related employment screening letter and a current Responding to Abuse and Neglect - Education and Care Certificate (RAN-EC)
- a receipt of lodgement of a child safe environments compliance statement with the Department for Child Protection (formerly Families SA)
- a current child safe environment training certificate, eg from SA Health or the Department for Child Protection which has been completed within the last 3 years
- a RAN-EC update online certificate
- copy of the non-DECD service provider’s public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- copy of qualifications in professional field of practice
- current registration and/or membership with a relevant professional organisation:
- Psychology AHPRA Registration Certificate
- Occupational Therapy AHPRA Registration Certificate
- full membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- or relevant qualifications relevant to the proposed service being delivered to the child or young person
- any information which details limitations or restrictions which have been placed on professional practice details of the proposed service being delivered to the child or young person, including frequency of service, time involved and program being delivered.
Disability Policy and Programs
Phone: 8226 1769
Email: decd.specialeducation [at] sa.gov.au