Go to top of page

Approved panel of providers (APP)

The department has a state-wide approved panel of providers for the provision of engagement and inclusion services like:

  • case management
  • flexible learning
  • student mentoring.

If your school needs a flexible learning option (FLO) provider, you will need to make sure they are on the approved panel of providers (PDF 107KB) list before setting up a service agreement.

What the panel does

The panel supports schools to manage risks associated with engaging non-government agency providers.

Assuring quality and child protection

This system-wide support is about making sure that non-government agency providers have met all of the department’s child protection requirements and quality standards.

Existing providers

Information for existing panel members

Once you are an approved member of the panel, you’ll work closely with the school’s principal. As part of this you will need to meet a range of compliance measures.

The principal will provide you with all the information you’ll need, including compliance information like training for the Keeping Safe: child protection curriculum. Please contact us if you are having trouble finding out what you need to know.

How approved providers can add a new location or engagement and inclusion service

If you’re an existing provider and you want to offer either a new service or services in a new location that aren’t yet included in your current deed of agreement you will need to contact the DECD.StudentEngagement [at] sa.gov.au (Student Engagement unit).

Understanding the deed of agreement

These documents help providers, panel members and schools understand the current deed of agreement and its requirements.

Mandatory minimum qualifications for case managers

A case manager providing case management services to a DECD student must be qualified in one or more of the following:

  • Certificate IV or Diploma in Youth Work or Youth Justice

  • Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Child Protection) - Youth Specific stream.

  • Bachelor in Social Work or Psychology.

Should a Case Manager not meet the above mandatory qualifications, 1 of the following requirements must be met and evidence emailed to decd.studentengagement [at] sa.gov.au.

  1. A letter from the relevant educational institution confirming that the current qualification of the nominated person has sufficiently developed the relevant competencies to meet the requirements of providing case management services to a vulnerable youth.

  2. Evidence of recognition of prior learning (RPL) for the minimum qualification as per the Flexible Learning Options enrolment policy from an education provider.

  3. A signed declaration that the employing organisation is able to demonstrate that the nominated person is suitable to provide services as a Case Manager as per the Case Management Standards.

How schools engage a provider from the panel

These documents help providers, panel members and schools understand the process that is facilitated by the Student Engagement unit.

How to get on the panel

Anyone who wants to provide FLO services to schools must go through a selection process before they sign a deed of agreement with the Minister for Education and Child Development.

Organisations can apply to be on the panel at any time by making an application through the tender process or contacting us at decd.studentengagement [at] sa.gov.au.


You can provide feedback to our team if you have feedback about a department-funded service provider.


Student Engagement unit

Phone: 8226 2415
EmailDECD.StudentEngagement [at] sa.gov.au