On this page
Your local school, preschool or children's centre will often be looking for volunteers. There is a wide variety of roles and you can find out more by contacting the site directly. Some ways you can help include:
- helping with a child's learning
- becoming a sports coach
- joining a parent group
- mentoring students
- helping out on camps and excursions
- helping out with fundraising
- working in the kitchen garden.
If you want to volunteer, you can contact your local site. It’s up to the site leader to choose volunteers who will work well with the local community.
Volunteers can come from all walks of life. No matter who you are or where you’re from, it’s all about wanting to help out. It’s in this spirit that the department actively encourages Aboriginal people and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to get involved.
Volunteering benefits everyone involved. Some benefits can be:
- making a positive difference for children and students
- being able to give back to the community
- a sense of belonging and feeling happier
- learning new skills.
Phone: 8226 3795
Email: decd.volunteers [at] sa.gov.au