The National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) is an annual assessment for students in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9. It is commissioned by the Education Council, a council of ministers from all states and territories that works to ensure high‐quality schooling and early childhood development experiences for all young Australians.
The NAPLAN tests, coordinated by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), are administered simultaneously in all schools across Australia by the relevant state test administration authority. The Department for Education and Child Development (DECD) is the test administration authority for all schools in South Australia.
Markers are now being sought to mark the 2017 NAPLAN writing task.
Marking is a great way to gain an in-depth understanding of the NAPLAN writing task. Markers receive comprehensive training and development throughout the Marking Centre.
- Training: 13 and 14 May 2017 (provisional).
- Marking: 17 May to 14 June 2017 (provisional), 5 or 6 days per week.
- Location: Torrensville, South Australia.
- Shift times: Day 9.00am to 3.30pm or evening 4.00pm to 8:45pm.
- Pay: From $43 per hour.
- Essential requirement: Strong knowledge of English grammar.
- English and literacy teachers preferred.
- Closing date for applications: 10 February 2016.
Apply to be a marker using the online application form.
If you have any questions, email the NAPLAN Marking Centre team on decd.markingcentre [at] sa.gov.au or call (08) 8226 3269.
Information for parents can be found on the National Assessment Program website.
A NAPLAN factsheet for parents and a brochure explaining the student results report information to parents are available to download from the parent/carer support section of the National Assessment Program website.
Information for the 2017 NAPLAN will be circulated at the beginning of the new school year.
Handbooks and guides
- Interpreting the NAPLAN results for your school (PDF 533KB)
- Online image archival system user guide (PDF 325KB)
- 2016 NAPLAN writing marking guide (PDF 6.8MB)
- National protocols for test administration 2016 (PDF 298KB)
- Year 3 test administration handbook 2016 (PDF 332KB)
- Year 5 test administration handbook 2016 (PDF 370KB)
- Year 7 test administration handbook 2016 (PDF 260KB)
- Year 9 test administration handbook 2016 (PDF 260KB)
- Handbook for principals 2016 (PDF 1.0MB)
- Student participation website user guide (PDF 523KB)
- Guide for managing NAPLAN test incidents in schools 2016 (PDF 381KB)
Department for Education and Child Development (DECD)
Manager, Student Achievement Information
Phone: 8226 3269
Email: decd.sa.taa [at] sa.gov.au
Catholic Education South Australia (CESA)
Senior Education Adviser Educational Measurement
Phone: 8301 6136
Email: ray.moritz [at] cesa.catholic.edu.au
More information for Catholic schools can be found on the CESA website.
Association of Independent Schools of South Australia (AISSA)
Phone: 8179 1415
Email: kadowr [at] ais.sa.edu.au
More information for independent schools can be found on the AISSA website.