Year 10 to 12 students study towards the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE). Some SACE subjects count towards higher qualifications offered through TAFE and university.
Find more information about the year 10 to 12 curriculum on the sa.gov.au website.
The Australian Curriculum content and achievement standards for years 11 and 12 have been developed by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) for a number of subjects in the following areas:
- Humanities and Social Sciences.
The SACE Board of South Australia has started working on integration of the senior secondary Australian Curriculum into a number of SACE subjects. Further information can be found on the Integration of the Australian Curriculum section of the Australian Curriculum Website.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) for schools allows students in years 10 to 12 undertaking their SACE to:
- develop skills for the workforce
- develop an understanding of the workforce
- undertake training in specific industry skills
- gain credit towards a nationally recognised qualification like:
- a certificate
- advanced diploma.
The Advanced Technology Project supports STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) pathways through links with the defence industries.
See the Advanced Technology Project information sheet (PDF 571KB) for more details.
Students can also combine their SACE studies with:
Further study options are available through:
Learning Improvement division
- Early Years Directorate - 8463 5896
- Primary Learners Directorate - 8463 5829
- Secondary Learners Directorate - 8463 5847
- Strategic Design Directorate – 8463 5978
- Professional Practices Directorate - 8226 0559
Email: decd.newmedia [at] sa.gov.au