On this page
The DreamBIG Children's Festival is an iconic arts festival for kids and young people held every other year in South Australia.
The festival includes:
- storytelling experiences.
The festival has both:
- a schools program, where kids take part in events and performances through their school
- a general public program for families.
The next festival will be held from 18 to 27 May 2017. This ties in with the UNESCO International Arts Education Week.
Events will be held all around the state, including at the Festival Centre, Elder Park and throughout Adelaide.
The schools program was released on 21 October 2016. The families’ program will be released in February/March 2017.
The festival, originally known as the Come Out Children’s Festival, started in 1974. Since then, it's become an important part of SA's preschool and school calendars.
Professional Learning workshops that support state-wide projects for DreamBIG Children’s Festival are being offered on the following topics to educators:
- Paper Art
- 3D Creature Exchange - Design and Printing
These resources help with teaching and learning in the arts curriculum and pedagogies.
- DreamBIG 2017 – Teaching and learning resource (PDF, 14 MB)
- Come Out 2015 – building bridges (PDF, 3.8 MB)
DreamBIG Children's Festival
Phone: 8463 5973
Email: DECD.DreamBIG [at] sa.gov.au