The Right Bite healthy food and drink supply manual assists schools and preschools to provide healthy food and beverages and support young people to make better choices about what they eat and drink.
- Complete Right Bite manual - colour (PDF 7.5MB)
- Complete Right Bite manual – black and white (PDF 7.5MB)
The manual is downloadable by sections below.
- Overview (PDF 541KB)
- Getting ready (PDF 451KB)
- Assessing the current situation (PDF 658KB)
- Developing actions and alternatives (PDF 777KB)
- Getting on with the job (PDF 1.4MB)
- Maintaining the momentum (PDF 308KB)
- Appendices (includes ideas for sandwiches, rolls, wraps and snacks) (PDF 410KB)
The Right Bite Ready Reckoner (PDF 439KB) tables provide a guide to foods commonly supplied within schools and preschools, and where they fit into the Right Bite food and drink supply categories.
Right Bight easy guide
The Right Bite easy guide (PDF 926KB) is a short list of the green, amber and red food categories with specific examples from each category.
- Sample canteen menu (PDF 807KB)
- Recipe costing template (Word 131KB)
- Food supply checklist template (PDF 43KB)
- Menu replacement template (Word 144KB)
- Healthy canteen policy template (Word 101KB)
- Food supply and nutrition policy template for preschools (Word 115KB)
- Food supply and nutrition policy template for schools (Word 110KB)
Phone: 8226 5887
Email: DECD.CPC [at] sa.gov.au