Instrumental music lessons support school documented music curriculums, or music focused arts curriculums. These lessons are provided by Instrumental Music.
To access instrumental music lessons, contact your school.
Instrumental Music allocates instrumental music lessons in schools.
Preference is given to schools where:
- learning programs in instrumental music are part of the music curriculum
- music is identified within an arts curriculum
- programs lead to student participation in ensembles
- students are participating in hub or cluster programs, or school, state or regional ensembles
- the school provides a budget to support students taking IM tuition, including
- tutor book purchase
- IM diary purchase
- music stand purchase
- other resources.
Particular preference is given to schools that support the transition from instrumental tuition in primary schools to related secondary schools. In such arrangements, IM attempts to place the same teachers at both schools, to provide continuity for students.
The selection of instruments available for students is determined collaboratively by the school and IM staff. Schools will advise students about the requirements, process and selection criteria.
Instrumental Music office – Klemzig
Phone: 8261 8988
Email: IM.KlemzigOffice608 [at] schools.sa.edu.au
Instrumental Music office – Morphett Vale
Phone: 8392 3800
Email: IM.MorphettValeOffice896 [at] schools.sa.edu.au