Instrumental music education in SA government schools is organised by an education department program called Instrumental Music (IM).
IM currently operates from offices at Klemzig and Morphett Vale Primary Schools. These offices will operate until the end of 2016.
In Term 2 2016 some IM staff will move to the following eight phase 1 music focus schools:
- Belair Primary School
- Brighton Secondary School (Special Interest Music Centre)
- Kadina Memorial School
- Marryatville High School (Special Interest Music Centre)
- Open Access College
- Playford international College (Special Interest Music Centre)
- Seaford Secondary College
- Woodville High School (Special Interest Music Centres).
IM teachers will continue to travel from these schools to teach at all other schools that offer instrumental music lessons.
A letter about the launch of music focus schools (PDF 89KB) was sent to parents on 4 February 2016.
These changes might result in IM teachers being based in different schools.
These changes will not affect:
- the enrolment of continuing instrumental music students
- the places of students who successfully auditioned for IM ensembles in November 2015.
Phone: 8226 1883
Email: decd.musicprograms [at] sa.gov.au