Instrumental music education in SA government schools is organised by an education department program called Instrumental Music (IM).
Instrumental Music (IM) operates from two offices at Klemzig and Morphett Vale Primary Schools.
Learning to play a musical instrument will be a whole lot easier for South Australian students with the establishment of 19 new music focus schools across the state.
Music Focus Schools
- APY Lands
- Belair Primary School
- Berri Primary School
- Brighton Secondary School (Special Interest Music Centre)
- Hendon Primary School
- Kadina Memorial School
- Magill School
- Marryatville High School (Special Interest Music Centre)
- Modbury High School
- Mt. Gambier North Primary School
- Murray Bridge High School
- Nuriootpa High School
- Open Access College
- Playford international College (Special Interest Music Centre)
- Pt. Lincoln High School
- Reynella East College
- Seaford Secondary College
- Whyalla High School
- Woodville High School (Special Interest Music Centres)
IM teachers will continue to travel from these schools to teach at all other schools that offer instrumental music lessons.
These changes might result in IM teachers being based in different schools.
These changes will not affect:
- the enrolment of continuing instrumental music students
- the places of students who successfully auditioned for IM ensembles in November 2015.
Instrumental Music office – Klemzig
Phone: 8261 8988
Email: IM.KlemzigOffice608 [at] schools.sa.edu.au
Instrumental Music office – Morphett Vale
Phone: 8392 3800
Email: IM.MorphettValeOffice896 [at] schools.sa.edu.au
Phone: 8226 1883
Email: decd.musicprograms [at] sa.gov.au