The Premier's Reading Challenge is a literacy engagement program designed to:
- encourage students to read more books and enjoy reading
- improve literacy levels.
The Challenge requires students to read 12 books between the beginning of the school year and early September.
Students receive an award for each year they complete the challenge.
The Premier’s Reading Challenge:
- raises the profile of reading, libraries and literacy in schools
- gives students a focus on their reading
- encourages students to read more books and enjoy reading more
- encourages boys to participate by being 'challenged'
- offers incentives for reluctant readers
- builds self-esteem and pride, school unity, and a sense of achievement
- increases the involvement of parents in their child's reading
- increases library borrowing
- contributes to increased literacy levels.
Visit the Premier’s Reading Challenge website to get started.