On this page
South Australian government and non-government secondary schools must be affiliated to enter students from year 7 to 13 (under 20 years old on 1 January 2017) to take part in Secondary School Sport SA events.
13 year old students in affiliated primary schools can also compete in Secondary School Sport SA competitions that are linked to interstate championships or, for year 6 and 7 students, in a joint primary and secondary competition.
Schools must pay a fee to affiliate. This fee is in addition to any competition fees for swimming and track and field state championships or knockout events. To affiliate:
- determine your category of affiliation and associated fee as outlined below
- complete and return the affiliation form (World 137KB)
- pay the fee by cheque or electronic funds transfer (EFT) as outlined on the form.
Affiliation form and fees are due by Thursday 13 April 2017.
Government schools – $225 inc GST
Non-government schools – $570 inc GST
Category 1 schools can to compete in up to 5 of these Secondary School Sport SA activities:
- zone competitions – weekly sport and lightning carnivals
- knockout competitions – 3 teams equate to 1 activity
- 50k relay
- 100km relay
- ekiden relay
- cross country championship
- golf teams stableford championship
- golf individual championship
- golf year 8/9 championship
- surfing championship
- cycling time trial
- cycling tour
- mountain bike championship
- swimming championship
- tennis championship
- track and field championship
- triathlon championship
- events for students with disabilities.
Government schools – 95 cents per student inc GST
Non-government schools - $1.50 per student inc GST
Category 2 schools can compete in an unlimited number of activities.
The official enrolment figure determined at the end of February must be used to calculate the capitation fee, not the number of students involved in Secondary School Sport SA activities.
This capitation fee is often suited to small schools.
Government schools – $70 inc GST
Non-government schools – $125 inc GST
Category 3 schools can only nominate students for interstate competitions. Schools will still receive Secondary School Sport SA activity information.
Government schools – $22 inc GST
Non-government schools – $48 inc GST
Category 4 schools can enter in specific events for students with disabilities.
Secondary School Sport SA
Phone: 8416 5920
Email: decd.sasssa [at] sa.gov.au