On this page
These pages outline the sports, dates, costs, and link to nominate for secondary school knockout competitions in 2018:
- 2018 cricket competitions – due Friday 24 November 2017
- 2018 term 1 competitions – due date to be advised in 2018
- 2018 term 2 and 3 competitions – due date to be advised in 2018
- 2018 term 3 and 4 competitions – due date to be advised in 2018
- instructions for filling in nomination forms for secondary knockout competitions (PDF 177KB).
The sports and competitions page will help you find the draws and rules for your sport. Draws will be available on the specific sport pages once nominations have closed. Schools will negotiate appropriate times to play. Competitions will only proceed if enough nominations are received.
- Open age – under 20 on 1 January 2018.
- Students in year 10 in 2018.
- Students in years 8 or 9 in 2018.
- Nomination fee of $5 (inc GST) per head for the number of players (excluding reserves) in a team for that sport.
- Country schools are exempt from knockout fees (including finals fees). Where possible, Secondary School Sport SA will subsidise the travel costs for country schools playing in the finals.
- The fee for all metro teams who participate in finals is $33.
- Minor round forfeit fee – $55 (inc GST) per team.
- Finals forfeit fee – $110 (inc GST) per team.
- Late nomination fee – $22 (inc GST) per team.
Secondary School Sport SA
Phone: 8416 5920
Email: decd.sasssa [at] sa.gov.au