Yoram is currently the Director of the Mandel School for Educational Leadership in Jerusalem, Israel.
From 1994 to 2002 he was at the Branco Weiss Institute for the Development of Thinking in Jerusalem, Director of the Intel-Lect Schools project, director of the institute's theoretical publications and a post-doctoral fellowship program for teacher trainers.
Concurrently he was editor of the institute's journal, Educating Thinking, author of the position papers of the institute and presented at the international conferences of The Association of Education for Thinking in USA, Canada and UK.
In 2000 to 2003 he was a visiting scholar at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, Massachusetts and wrote his dissertation Approaches to Teaching Thinking: Toward a Redefinition of the Field .
Yoram has had a varied career, as a teacher, journalist, lecturer and director. He has published works both in Hebrew and English, including Children of Spring, Sifriat Poalim, 1999, a collection of short stories revolving around childhood on a Kibbutz where all members were survivors of the Holocaust. His book Fishing: Rod, Bait and Fish: A systematic Introduction to Teaching Thinking has been published in Israel.
- Approaches to teaching thinking (PDF 202KB)
- Conflicting logics in education to critical thinking (PDF 119KB)
- Teaching and learning in a community of thinking (PDF 131KB)
- Heuristics for designing a community of thinking (PPT 276KB)
- Teaching and learning in a community of thinking (PPT 203KB)
- Teaching thinking - a guide for the perplexed (PPT 121KB)
Teaching for Effective Learning
Phone: 8226 4351
Email: DECD.TfEL [at] sa.gov.au