The SA Teaching for Effective Learning (TfEL) framework (PDF 450KB) identifies the characteristics of effective teaching and learning to establish broad domains of teacher action and relevant pedagogy.
The framework is supported by the:
- brief overview (PDF 302KB) - the four domains and their associated elements
- detailed overview (PDF 307KB) - essence statement for each element
- domain 1: leadership overview (PDF 354KB) - implications for leaders' own learning and their leadership role.
The Teaching for Effective Learning review tools handbook (PDF 26MB) helps teachers review and reflecting on teaching practice against the TfEL framework. It can be used by:
- teachers, both independently and in conjunction with colleagues and students
- schools and sites in professional learning conversations to develop a snap-shot of practice at a school level and determine a school action plan.
It provides review tools and processes for reflecting on pedagogy as well as processes for:
- working independently
- working with trusted colleagues
- working with students
- developing a school action plan.
The Australian Curriculum focuses on both the what and the how of quality teaching and learning. Getting started supports SA government school and preschool leaders to introduce this thinking to staff.
To access this resource, select ‘login as a guest’ from the home page of the getting started site.
The getting started resource is supported by the:
- learning design overview (PDF 3.3MB)
- learning design worksheet (PDF 3.4MB)
- learning design detailed (PDF3.3MB)
The SA Teaching for Effective Learning framework guide and review tools handbook are available at no charge to all DECD teaching and support staff by completing the TfEL materials request form (PDF 82KB).
The SA TfEL framework guide can also be purchased by pre-service teachers and South Australian organisations outside of the department by completing the TfEL framework guide order form (PDF 65KB).
For all other requests please DECD.TfEL [at] sa.gov.au (email the TfEL team).
Teaching for Effective Learning
Phone: 8226 4351
Email: DECD.TfEL [at] sa.gov.au