Terms and conditions for the South Australia Excellence in Public Education awards.
The following terms and conditions apply to any staff member applying for a South Australia Excellence in Public Teaching awards.
- For the entirety of the 2017 awards process, all applicants must be:
1.1 Employed in an education role; as a teacher, education leader or school support staff member (ie SSO, ECW or AEW), and;
1.2 Currently employed directly by the Department for Education and Child Development (DECD), working at a South Australian public school, preschool or early childhood centre (for example, those employed by school governing councils are ineligible to apply).
- All applicants are responsible for completing their own application, with the exception of entries to the Lifetime Achievement Award, which must be completed by the nominator.
- Individuals may only apply in one category - it is the applicant's responsibility to determine their eligibility and select the most appropriate category in which to apply.
- Any applications received without all relevant endorsement will not be considered.
- If there is a conflict of interest between the nominee and their site leader, endorsement may be sought from the relevant education director.
- All applicants must agree to abide by the decisions of the judges and no appeals will be entered into.
- All award winners will be expected to accept an ambassadorial role to promote the awards and to promote their profession.
- Applicants agree to be contacted by the media for ‘good news’ stories, should they be named a finalist or overall winner of the SA Excellence in Public Education awards.
- Applicants agree for their photographs, profiles and other details to be used for promotional purposes by the Department for Education and Child Development. Information about winners and their photographs may be published on the department’s website and/or in external publications.
- Posthumous nominations will be accepted in some circumstances.
- Retired teachers, leaders or support staff members, or those who are no longer employed at a public school or preschool are not eligible.
- Contract and temporary relief teachers are eligible provided that they can arrange for authorisation from a site leader.
- Final funding approval for award winners will be subject to a planning meeting with the Awards team and approval by the Director, Workforce Development.
- All professional learning activities funded for winners of the 2017 awards must be undertaken during the 2018 calendar year.
- Should an award winner’s chosen professional learning activity become unavailable for any reason, they must negotiate a suitable alternative with the Awards team for the Director, Workforce Development’s approval.
- All professional development activities and associated travel will only be approved if in line with relevant departmental policies and procedures, particularly those on overseas and interstate travel.
- Award winners will be required to share their knowledge and innovative practices gained from their professional learning activities and resources with their colleagues, and provide a 300 word summary for publication.
- Regional winners, first stage winners and finalists from previous years are eligible to apply again in 2017.
- State/overall winners from previous years are not eligible to apply again in any category.
Phone: 8226 3079
Email: DECD.Recognition [at] sa.gov.au