Families SA is a part of the Department for Education and Child Development (DECD). Professionals in the department play a key role in the early intervention, protection and support of children, youth, families and communities throughout metropolitan and regional South Australia.
We are looking for energetic and innovative people who are passionate about improving the capacity and wellbeing of children and young people. Go to our list of currently available positions for more information on specific jobs.
Our primary area of concern is the protection of children and keeping them safe, including:
- protecting children from abuse and harm
- supporting families to reduce risk to children
- providing alternative care for children and young people when home is no longer an option
- working with young people who break the law
- managing adoption processes
- caring for refugee children at risk
- delivering services to address poverty
- helping communities affected by disaster to rebuild.
Families SA is committed to reconciliation and providing culturally appropriate services.
Benefits of working in the department include:
- opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and young people
- a strong culture and vision driven by skilled leaders
- an environment where diversity is valued and individual contributions recognised
- salary sacrifice arrangements and employer superannuation contribution of 9.5%
- paid relocation expenses may be available
- an attractive remuneration package possibilities for working in regional locations
- locality allowance may be available in regional locations
- government employee housing may be available in regional locations
- the opportunity to work alongside skilled professionals and undertake learning and development programs
- a range of career pathways
- flexible work practices.
Current positions are available on the Families SA jobs database.
People of Aboriginal descent are encouraged to apply.
Families SA recruitment
Phone: 8226 2959
Email: DECDFamiliesSARecruitment [at] sa.gov.au