On this page
The skills register provides the office with the flexibility to fill short term vacancies of up to 6 months as they arise. By establishing a pool of highly skilled individuals, it enables the office to recruit suitably skilled individuals within the SA Public Sector across a range of classification levels via a modified recruitment process.
The Office for Strategy and Performance benefits all South Australian children and young people by ensuring legislation, policies, decisions and actions are based on robust evidence, rigorously evaluated and effectively communicated, thereby strengthening DECD as a high performing and forward-thinking organisation.
The office incorporates a diverse range of functions and strategic projects that traverse across intergovernmental relations, strategic communications, governance, policy development, strategic planning, performance analysis and reporting, data and economic analysis, research and evaluation and managing grants for non-government schools.
You must be permanent Australian residents or have a current work permit and must not have taken a separation package within the last 3 years. Individuals who satisfy the skills requirements are encouraged to apply for inclusion on the register. Eligible applicants will be considered for any short-term employment that arises.
- Some out of hours work and intra/interstate travel may be required, depending on the role.
- A current driver’s licence and willingness to drive is essential (subject to the requirements of the position).
- A current DCSI Child Related Employment Screening Clearance is not required as part of the registration process. It is a requirement for any applicant offered employment to have this clearance check before being appointed. It is also a requirement to undertake Responding to Abuse and Neglect training within a specified time period.
- Successful applicants will be required to achieve performance targets as negotiated and mutually agreed with the respective manager.
- Successful applicants will be appointed under Public Sector (PS) Act Conditions.
Complete your application online and attach a current résumé. Applications will be retained until 30 June 2017.
It will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete the registration process. You will not be able to save your progress and resume at a later stage.
A copy of your résumé must be included in your application and should include your current classification level and the name and contact number of 3 referees, including your current line manager.
OSP Skills Register
Email: decd.skillsregister [at] sa.gov.au