The online Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RAN-EC) course will update you on child protection work in South Australia. It will help you understand your role in promoting safety and wellbeing in children, young people and their families.
This course is required for staff working in:
- the Department for Education and Child Development (DECD)
- Catholic Education South Australia (CESA)
- Association of Independent Schools of South Australia (AISSA).
Any other education and care staff are welcome to do this update as part of their child protection training strategy.
Access the RAN-EC update training
- DECD staff – this is only for current DECD employees with Learnlink accounts.
- Non-DECD staff – this includes former DECD employees; Catholic & Independent schools; anyone from any other education and care setting.
Before starting the course
These documents are referred to in the online training, so it’s good to have a copy with you as you do the course.
- Protective practices for staff in their interactions with children and young people (PDF 507KB)
- Responding to problem sexual behaviour in children and young people (PDF 1.36 MB)
- Managing allegations of sexual misconduct in SA education and care settings (PDF 24 KB)
Details for site leaders
It’s recommended that site leaders run a professional focus session after staff have completed the update training.
DECD staff should contact the ICT service desk on 8204 1866. Country callers should call 1300 363 227.
Catholic sites should call 8301 6600 and ask for the RAN help desk.
Association of Independent Schools of SA sites
Association of Independent Schools of SA sites should call 8179 1400.