This training is not suitable for Department for Child Protection (DCP) employees.
DCP staff that require training in child safe environments can access this on the DCP Learning and Practice Development team calendar LAPD programs. You will need to login to the DCP intranet to view this.
The Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RAN-EC) online update training is a compulsory update course for personnel in education and care settings, including childcare centres who have completed the full day RAN-EC training.
Follow the links below to access your training:
- DECD personnel – including teachers applying for renewal of registration
- Non-DECD personnel – including Catholic and independent schools.
These documents work with the online training, so it’s good to have them nearby as you do the course.
- Protective practices for staff in their interactions with children and young people (PDF 507KB)
- Responding to problem sexual behaviour in children and young people (PDF 1.36 MB)
- Managing allegations of sexual misconduct in SA education and care settings (PDF 24 KB)
- Interagency code of practice – investigation of suspected child abuse or neglect (PDF 374KB)
- Guidance for responding to children and young people (Word 4MB)
- Information sharing guidelines
Site leaders must read the instructions for site leaders (PDF 126KB), the recording RAN-EC training fact sheet (PDF 621KB) and professional focus sessions factsheet (PDF 290KB), and facilitate a professional focus session after staff have completed the training.
Engagement and Wellbeing
Email: DECD.CSW [at] sa.gov.au