This training is not suitable for Department for Child Protection (DCP) employees.
DCP staff that require training in child safe environments can access this on the DCP Learning and Practice Development team calendar LAPD programs. You will need to login to the DCP intranet to view this.
- a compulsory update course for department staff who have completed the full day RAN-EC training
- for teachers applying for renewal of registration
- open to staff from Catholic and independent schools.
As of 1 June 2017, the Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RAN-EC) online update training will be transferred from the e3learning to DECD.
As a result, all DECD and non-DECD staff will no longer be able to obtain evidence of training completed or unfinished training with e3learning after this date. Therefore it is recommended by 30 May 2017, that staff:
- complete their RAN-EC training with e3learning
- download their current RAN-EC certificate and file electronically for their records.
The new DECD link to the online training will be made available on this webpage on 1 June 2017.
You need to read the frequently asked questions (PDF 205KB) before starting the online training.
These documents work with the online training, so it’s good to have them nearby as you do the course.
- Protective practices for staff in their interactions with children and young people (PDF 507KB)
- Responding to problem sexual behaviour in children and young people (PDF 1.36 MB)
- Managing allegations of sexual misconduct in SA education and care settings (PDF 24 KB)
- Interagency code of practice – investigation of suspected child abuse or neglect (PDF 374KB)
- Guidance for responding to children and young people (Word 4MB)
- Information sharing guidelines
Site leaders must read the instructions for site leaders (PDF 126KB), the recording RAN-EC training fact sheet (PDF 621KB) and professional focus sessions factsheet (PDF 290KB), and facilitate a professional focus session after staff have completed the training.
Engagement and Wellbeing
Email: DECD.CSW [at] sa.gov.au