To be employed in the department’s schools and services you must have attended a full day, Responding to Abuse and Neglect - Education and Care (RAN-EC) training session.
This applies to:
- teaching and non-teaching staff
- music instructors, and swimming and aquatics instructors
- department employed bus drivers (staff access required)
- corporate staff (unless advised by your director that the online update training is an appropriate option for you).
The RAN-EC training is the only course accepted by the department. It is offered by a number of approved training organisations.
Once employed, you will need to do online RAN-EC update training. The update course is offered in a 3 year training cycle. The current cycle ends 31 December 2018.
If you are applying for or renewing your teacher registration the RAN-EC is an accepted training course.
If you are a tertiary student doing or wanting to do a professional placement in centres, schools and preschools you must complete:
- the full day RAN-EC training
- the promoting safety and wellbeing: induction for tertiary students working with children and young people in education and care sites training.
See professional experience placements in SA government schools, preschools and centres for more details.
Specific RAN-EC training is required for:
Engagement and Wellbeing
Phone: 8226 0870
Email: DECD.CSW [at] sa.gov.au