Learning is changing. Now you can drive it.
Two South Australian public schools. Two unprecedented opportunities. Both offering education leaders the ability to break new ground in learning, and create new and extraordinary outcomes for students. Each role will oversee a contemporary, purpose-built facility which enables a ‘learning on display’ culture. Make no mistake, these are positions that have the potential to make an incredible impact on the future of Australian education, and improve thousands of lives for the better.
Shape the new CBD school
- $100 million contemporary high school campus due for completion in 2018, and opening in 2019. The principal will be appointed from January 2017 to work to develop the educational platform, HR and resource plans for the school.
- An active, collaborative and explorative learning culture will be enhanced by the state of the art learning environment.
- There will be an explicit emphasis on ‘learning’, understood as a process involving active enquiry, discovery, collaboration, research, applied knowledge, innovation and entrepreneurship – which will be pursued through the school’s focus on STEM learning and the areas of Health Sciences.
- Situated in central Adelaide within a new exciting education, health and cultural precinct close to:
- Adelaide University
- University of South Australia
- Art Gallery of South Australia
- South Australian Museum
- Botanical Gardens
- Adelaide Zoo
- Library of South Australia
- the Adelaide parklands.
- Opportunities to partner with tertiary and industry experts to inspire and support students in their learning will be maximised through the location of the new CBD school.
Shape the Australian Science & Mathematics School
- Located on the Flinders University Campus at Bedford Park with access to top national facilities.
- Since 2003, this co-educational school has provided leadership in innovation for year 10-12 students interested in science and mathematics so they can develop a lifelong passion for learning.
- The school acts as a development centre for innovative approaches in maths and science, with schools adopting the methods pioneered at ASMS over the past decade.
- Respected for its success around open learning environments, interdisciplinary learning programs and enhancing STEM learning, the school achieves high university entry numbers into Universities Australia-wide.
- Pioneering and highly successful – this is a school with a difference.
To be successful you will be:
- a leader who can inspire fresh, innovative educational approaches for students
- committed to leading educators in the process of contemporary learning pedagogy
- experienced and relevantly qualified
- a person that can drive change, engage stakeholders and remain committed at every step
- an exceptional communicator, planner, decision maker, relationship builder and negotiator.