On this page
Schools and preschools
These documents summarise the current rates of pay for Education Act and Children's Services Act staff:
- preschool teachers (PDF 331KB)
- school teachers (PDF 438KB)
- school services officers (PDF 338KB)
- early childhood workers (PDF 148KB)
- Aboriginal education workers (PDF 348KB)
- government service employees and SA transport workers (PDF 328KB).
Public Sector Act employees
Trainees, cadets and apprentices
Cadets are employed under an appropriate award and paid according to the level of their duties.
For example, an IT technician working in a school would be paid under the School Service Officers (government schools) Award and, because of their level of responsibility, be paid as an SSO2.
- South Australian public sector wages parity enterprise agreement: salaried 2014 (PDF 1.1MB)
- South Australian public sector wages parity enterprise agreement: weekly paid 2015 (PDF 1.2MB)
- South Australian school and preschool education staff enterprise agreement 2016 (PDF 968KB)
Before starting employment, complete the following forms and forward to Shared Services SA to ensure timely payment. These include:
- bank account details form (PDF 255KB)
- Tax File Number declaration form (PDF 398KB) available from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and most newsagents. The information here will help you complete the form:
To change your bank account details or taxation arrangements, submit new copies of the forms.
People and Culture operations
Phone: 8226 1356
Email: decdrecruitmentSR [at] sa.gov.au